Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Can you hear me now?

First you have to read this article.

Now for those who don't know who this guy is/was, ask someone whose head has not been under a rock for the last howevermany years. Then again, I take for granted that everyone is interested in journalism/writing, which is not always the case. My dad is one of the smartest guys I know and by his own admission, "I don't read anything I don't have to except the newspaper."

Thompson is the kind of guy who did stuff without regard to anything or anyone. He once called Bill Murray at 3 a.m. to discuss the future of the sport he had created in which one guy hits a 9 iron at a pre-positioned flag, while the other (his opponent) tries to shoot his ball out of the air.

With a shotgun.

Seriously. I'm not making that up. They talked about it for the better part of an hour. Scoring, penalties, facilities. Steroid testing. They covered all the bases. Apparently while Murray was in Japan filming Lost in Translation he was amazed by multi-level driving ranges.

By the way- if liked Lost in Translation, you are a tool. Don't give me the "you don't get it. It's art" crap. I get it. He chose not to cheat. Great. He did what a man should do. Next we'll see a teary-eyed Louis Gossett, Jr. walking into a Vietnamese grocery store because he was given too much change and he feels an obligation to return it.

You want an artsy movie? American Beauty.

So here's how Hunter's final minutes must have come down. I was in the middle of writing this myself, but E.S. pulled the trigger first (ha ha. real funny. I made a gun joke. yay for me). Plus, I'm lazy and don't feel like redoing something that's been done. Kinda like a bull. Once you've ... never mind.

Enjoy.


By the way, I have three words that represent all that is evil in today's society.

Reality TV.
Karaoke.

Make them go away.

3 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Virgil loves me, Virgil loves me!

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i heard virgil loves eric

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that Lynds loves tivo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home